My Future Classroom

The question had been discussed with humour among us during one of our chat-discussion before. Funny, but yet seriously considered among the students. Some insisted on the use of air-conditioner for students and teachers comfort... and a lot discussed about the logical of it, many humour-ly try to make it sound logical and many is against it. A lot other suggestions had been made by everyone and so had I. I will write fully in how I want my future classroom to be here.

My future classroom, in which I do not know in which state they will throw me to, or in which condition, urban or rural would be in store for me. Whether I am to be sent to a rural school or urban school, here is the criteria of my classroom:

1. I would have a small corner in the classroom called the “Techno” corner, installed with one computer (if the school would not get one, I will buy one myself!) in this corner, sessions of our language learning shall take place. Students can have the opportunity to learn using software that would make them interesting in the lesson. Movies and songs that can be used to teach English can be played for the students so they can learn through motivating activities.

2. I would have pictures of scenery or words of wisdoms on the classroom wall. Poetry and many students work pasted at the back of the classroom. This way, students can learn in a peripheral way. Students can look around the classroom and they can instantly learn from just doing that small act.

3. The lighting of the classroom MUST be good. I would like my future classroom to be bright, with many windows. I think students can learn better with good lighting. A bright and colourful classroom can motivate students to learn, keep them alert and bright. A damp, dark and closed classroom would make the students sleepy and lazy.

4. There should be an LCD projection in the classroom. Students can have various activities in the Techno Corner, but they can do even more if with the use of LCD.

5. The classroom should have lockers for the students. In other countries, students have lockers outside of the classroom, but that’s because they need to change their class for every subject. Students need lockers to keep their things that they would be required to use everyday. Not only would it be helping students to have lighter burden on their back, it helps teachers to not to have to deal with missing books from students.

So far, that is all the criteria that I would like to have. I think it would not be a problem even if I were to be sent to an urban area. Even if some will came out as impossible, I would like to find ways to get me that future classroom that I want because I believe these requirements are essential for learning to take place in a better and beneficial environment.

No comments:

Take a break ^^ These are some of the funniest commercials I've ever watch!